6 July 2008

The Lives of Others

Actually I rarely watch "serious" movies. I always think that movie should act like a pressure release valve. It should be able to refresh me. I always want to enjoy the movie without thinking too much except for the peculiarity of the scenes, the illogical plot or scenes etc. It should not be too hard to understand that it is impossible to survive (with so little scratch) after a car rolling 5 times, just for an example. So I enjoy "light" movies more than "heavy" movies.

But, this "The Life of Others" has quite an effect to me. It showed me a beautiful film making. It is totally different from the usual hollywood movies. It is different because it uses German as the language (hoch Deutch that I understand a little). It is different because the plot is simple but beautiful. It is sad because the leading actor finally found out that his wife was a former Stasi informant (I knew it from my boss). I think the film can describe the East German very well. I think the movie really gives a hard lesson to the former East German officials. The important thing is that the film showed me changes on human. Changes always happens and changes always find a way to affect you.

Love it. Looking forward to watch "different" movies again. British movies also I find them good (maybe because of the language). Oh before I forget, US film industry try to remake the film in English (forgot the source..). I think that will not bring the atmosphere that the original movie had.

No comments:

Post a Comment