26 June 2008

Network Profile Changer

Recently the Internet connection in my office was upgraded. We use Telkom Speedy as the provider and the speed was upgraded from 384 kbps to 1024 kbps (1 Mbps). It was just changing the speed but the effect was quite complex. Since being upgraded, my wireless connection needs fix DNS address if not I cannot connect to the Internet. I certainly have problem with this kind of complexity because I sometimes need to change Access Points e.g. while in the airport, in other office, or when speedy is not speedy anymore. It create unnecessary complexity although I can change the DNS setting easily but the others who also use Wireless Connection in my office and after that constantly on the move cannot.

Finally I found this interesting freeware NetSetMan. It changes network profiles easily. One can create 6 different profiles and use it whenever they are needed. I downloaded the freeware from the following link http://www.snapfiles.com/Freeware/network/fwnetwork.html.

It works fine and easy. Here is a small screen capture of the software.

No comments:

Post a Comment