18 June 2008

Telkomsel and My Complaint

My E398 and web sites is the space goat. Yesterday I filed a complaint to Telkomsel the biggest GSM provider in Indonesia. My problem is that I cannot have fast connection using my Motorola E398 as a GPRS modem. Once I have tried to use my E398 as a modem on a W2K PC and it worked very well. Very well means it was fast. I did not use the connection for a while because it was draining the credit of my GSM card fast.

The connection did not go as fast as before since I changed my PC (it uses XP). The indicator shows 234 Kbps but the reality is far from that. Downloading normal email, without any attachment, usually takes minutes. Because of this difference, I filed a complaint to Telkomsel. I used 116 from my Simpati card to call the Call Center. She asked me many questions except technical questions e.g. what is your PC’s operating system; do you setup your GPRS modem correctly; what is your current setup. Instead of asking technical questions, she asked me what site I usually access; what error message I get; is the GPRS already active. She promised me to report my problem to technical department. I asked her whether I can get the report number to refer but she did not give me. She told me to call 116 in 3 days after I try to connect to Internet with my E398. I wonder how this will work, because when you call 116 you cannot ask for specific person that talked to you 2-3 days ago.

Then Telkomsel contacted me and explained me why the things got slow. It is the web sites (I said I access Google much) that usually “heavy” although I access it at 2 a.m. She could not explain when I asked why my email client also works slow. Then she started blaming my E398 because it has bigger memory now (actually it still has original 64 Mb memory not 1 Gb as I mentioned).
My conclusion is Telkomsel does not care at all to customer satisfaction. Telkomsel is not able to see the problems inside them (if any).

No comments:

Post a Comment